Flight of Fiction




“Pour me another cup, please?”

I smiled, grabbed her cup and walked to the kitchen where I poured her more hot cocoa.

“Thank you,” she said as I gave her the cup.

“You make really nice cocoa. It’s ruining my figure.”

I laughed.

“Thank you, I guess,” I said. “And don’t worry, round is a figure anyway”

Sticking out her tongue she said, “That’s mean of you, porky!”

“What did I say? Aww, don’t take it personally. You’ll still be cute anyway.”

“Sweet-talker!”

“I’d rather use the term bolero.

I got a slap on the arm for that last one.

“I bet that would’ve hurt more, five cups from now.”

Twenty more slaps rained on me for that.

“Are you done? I hope you are. I can no longer feel my arm.”

“I didn’t slap you that hard, you big baby.”

“Hello. I’m still human. Flesh and blood. See?” I said as I showed her my welts.

“Alright, fine. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have opted for violence. But, just for the record, you started it.

“Guilty as charged.”

Then came smiles, then laughter.

“What are you doing anyway?” I asked.

“I’m making a miniature Venus de Milo.”

“Right...all that from Play-doh.”

“Ha! You critics are all the same. Why not tell me something encouraging, for once? You’re so negative.”

“I resent that! I’m positively negative! I grinned.

“Not cute, sweety.”

Grin didn’t work. I sighed.

“So where are her arms?”

“The Venus de Milo never had arms, stupid!”

“Really?”

“Yes!”

“Sorry.”

She shook her head and made a face.

“Forgiven. Now go read a book or something. Just don’t bother me.”
“Oh, okay. I’ll leave you alone.”

I rose from my chair.

“Wait!” she said. “Another cup, please?”

I let out an exasperated sigh.

“Go get one yourself!”

“Thank you.” She smiled so sweetly, looking at her gave me cavities.

“Be thankful you’re cute.”

“That’s round and cute to you.”

She smiled. I smiled. We laughed.

And, oh, I brought her her cup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities