Scenes I'd like to see (Chanz)

"Your sprain is healing pretty well, Ms. Custorio," says Dr. Punzalan as he delicately massages Chanz' ankle.


"Give it about a week and you'll be back to fighting form. You can do that, kendo was it?," he adds.


"It's Shinkendo, doc. And please, call me Chanz. Makes me feel less awkward when you look at my foot up close," Chanz says.


Dr. Punzalan laughs. "I'm sorry, Ms. Custorio, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Just part of the job."


"I understand doc. But please, just Chanz," she replies.


"Alright, Chanz it is. You can call me Aaron then. Just so there's an even playing field," Aaron says.


Chanz let's out a shy snicker and Aaron smiles as she does so.


"Thank you for indulging me, Aaron. I hope you won't get into trouble though--medical malpractice and such," Chanz says.


Aaron laughs. "I could always say it's just good bedside manners."


"Touche."


"In any case, Chanz, you're healing pretty well. There's a chance you won't need another check-up," says Aaron.


"Aww...just when we've gotten a conversation going," she replies.


Aaron smiles, then laughs.


"You're funny. That's cute," he says.


"Glad it wasn't my funny bone that got sprained then," she replies. And they both laugh.


After a while, they calm down and look each other in the eyes.


"You know," Aaron starts, "as a doctor I like telling my patients I never want to see them again once they leave my clinic healed. That is my way of saying I hope they never get sick or injured again. But you make me want to make an exception."


"Well, it's either you ask me out or I go find a way to sprain the other ankle," Chanz says.


"Let's go with I ask you out," Aaron says.


Their eyes meet, their lips curve into smiles, and they give each other a knowing nod.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities