I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

(Inspired by a conversation with Angge last Sunday and Jeco's Guilty Pleasures.)

That's what I told people back in college when they asked me why I was the way I was. Now, I conveniently tell people, "Mass Comm ako eh," to explain why I can appreciate the clothes worn by the characters in Sex and the City The Movie. But those are just excuses.

They say it's being in touch with my feminine side. Well, whatever.

I read Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High back in elementary school along with my Marvel and DC comics. I never got into that Hardy Boys bit though.

I played and still play basketball, tatsing, habulan, luksong baka, soccer and other physical sports. But I also played and would probably still play 10-20 and Chinese garter.

I've cried and will probably still cry in some movies (Patch Adams immediately comes to mind) and have voluntarily watched my fair share of chick flicks. But I didn't flinch during the battle scenes of Braveheart and haven't flinched watching any other bloody movie  (except the Passion of the Christ when Jesus was being flogged. That made me cry).

I enjoy art and poetry (okay so many other guys do except they wouldn't admit it) and even wrote a lot of poetry (if you could call it that) back in high school.

I like watching sports but I have never had a great urge to utter a testosterone-laced roar watching baseball, boxing or wrestling (I have for basketball and football. There's something about finals games).

I like picking dresses and shoes for girl-friends to wear. But I have trouble picking clothes for myself (does that constitute masculinity?).

I'm sure there are many guys like me. In today's society I think they're being called metrosexuals but I refuse to be stuck with labels.

I just am and I love myself for being so.


 

Comments

  1. true true! =) case in point: i absolutely loooooved the gift you gave me this past christmas! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. namiss ko nga ang ganung sagot mo sa training natin!! waaaaahhh!!! pacheeseburger ka naman kuya red! ^o^ love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. ah, training days. hehe. sabi pa naman nila bakla na ako in 2 months. i proved them wrong! haha.

    burger lang ba? oo ba! hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tenchu. kailan kaya ulit tayo magkikita, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. pag may work nko? hehe. makati ko apply.. nhhaggard nko s lugar n yon, di ko kc saulado ang mga daan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. madali lang dito. sanayan lang. hehe. tara na samahan mo kami nila, raniel, carol at jobelle. haha.

    mag sgv ka?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember calling myself a male feminist. Kaya lang the chauvinist in me kicks once in a while. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're in touch with your feminine side: either 1) you're a player; 2) or you're really just in touch with your feminine side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. naisip ko tuloy kung anong percentage ng sexuality ko.hahahaha.. miss you you budz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting. Glad you don't feel bad about it though. After all, there are tons of girls out there that can be "in touch with their male side" and still be straight! Take me for example!

    ReplyDelete
  11. labels are confusing. whatever your references are, you're still the red that i know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. down with labels! ahaha..:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. oo nga. down i'm-half-this-quarter-this-half-that B.S. we are what we are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. joko: pag dumadaan ka ba sa tambayan non, may nafefeel ka ba na player tendencies? haha. i go after alfred. haha.

    budz: wag ng isip ng isip . maloloka ka lang. we love you just as you are naman eh. miss you din.

    jm: thanks. :)

    katie: no reason to feel bad about it naman eh (well, i did before, but no longer). we can be anything we want to be and feel good about it. :)

    stox: naks naman. salamat.

    frank and paul: korek! down with labels! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wag ng isip ng isip budz. maloloka ka lang. we love you just as you are naman eh. miss you din.

    ReplyDelete
  16. no reason to feel bad about it naman eh. we can be anything we want to be and feel good about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Right. As long as you're comfortable with yourself, to hell with other people who think they know you more than you do.

    Cheers, Red!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hmm... samahan mo naman ako minsan sa rob pioneer oh! hehe... i'm happy to know na meron na kong mahahatak na guy to watch girly movies like sex and the city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Di ba dibs? Thanks, Maica.

    Cheers to all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha. sige ba.

    eh matagal mo nanaman akong kasama sa mga girly movies. nanood nga tayo ng one more chance eh. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. kaya ko idol tong pinsan ko...ü hahaha... sa totoo langsabi ko nga kila ate ria im 1/4 gay... hahaha... sensitive talaga tayong mga lioanag... i cry in movies, i like writing and reading poems and lots more..ü hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. admitting all these sounds more man to me. hats off ako sayo red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. and i/we love you just the way you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. e di 1/8 female ka. hahaha.

    mabuhay tayong mga kalalakihan ng lioanag! mga sensitibong tao. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. pare ibig ba sabihin may tsansang kalahati ng pagkatao mo eh may type na lalake sa barkada??? ako ba yun??? ako ba? ako ba?!!!! type din kse kita eh...ahihi

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH MY GOD AKO LANG BA HINDI NAKAPANSIN NITO!?! haha..aww kuya red good for you..:D ika nga nila you're whole perfect and complete..wlang kwestyones sa sexualidad un or other what nots..love ya! sorry di kami nakkapunta sa mga football games nyu lately..msama kasi pakiramdam namin pareho ni te carla e nagkahawaan ng ubo't sipon..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pare, I'm sorry. Pero si Sumay ang type ko. nyahahaha. He is the yin to my yang. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi nina! thanks.

    oo nga, sana makalaro na kayo for real. hehe. sa sabado!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i hate you!!! kumbaga sa relasyon ng bakla at papa nya, pinadalhan kita ng 300 load tapos magrereply ka "who you?"!!! you cut me really deep there pare...im soooooo hurt!!! ahuhuhu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure update

Inanities