A good dose of mush



Say something brilliant

“What’s the square root of 2?” Cathy asks from out of nowhere as we are walking back to her apartment.

I answer with a blank stare.

“Well? A little help here,” she presses.

“You’re not actually, seriously considering that I can possibly answer that question, do you?” I manage to blabber after snapping out of my stupor.

“What? It’s a simple question.”

“Sure, if I were Einstein. Ask me about useless trivia and I might come up with an answer. But math? Let’s be realistic here.”

“Oh, you’re so useless.”

“I resent that, but if it would keep me from answering your question, then thank you.”

I smile at her. She sticks her tongue at me.

“Now you’re just being childish,” I say.

She glares at me.

“…But cute. Childish, but cute,” I quickly add.

“You better know it, mister,” she says pointing an accusing finger at me.

I stick my tongue at her.

“Oh, you’ve grown a backbone, I see. So that’s how you want to play it,” she says while raising her hands and showing me her clawed fingers.

Wincing, I brace myself for what is about to come.

Her aim is perfect. She grabs me by the waist, exactly half an inch below my rib cage, and methodically uses her fingers to torture me.

“No, not there! Stop. Stop! I give. I give!” I implore her for what seems an eternity.

"That’s right. Know your role, bitch,” she gloats and laughs, finally releasing me.

“No fair. That’s supposed to be a last resort for you,” I say while composing myself.

“Don’t be such a baby. Here, I’ll make it better,” and she gives me a kiss on the cheek.

“There you go again, being unfair. Don’t think that makes us quits.”

She looks at me, bats her eyelashes and pouts.

‘Must…resist…undeniable charms,’ I think to myself. But I crumble, let out a sigh, smile and continue walking.

She giggles and walks after me.

“By the way, it’s 1.4142,” she triumphantly declares.

“What?”

“The square root of 2 is 1.4142.”

“Oh, okay. Congratulations.” I tell her.

She smiles, hooks onto my arm and pokes me exactly half an inch below my rib cage.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities