...

     Spread your wings and fall towards Mother Sky's embrace.

I can not.
I know not of the wings you speak of.
I have no such things.

     But you do.
     Maybe you have forgotten but they are there.
     You just have to remember.
     They are as pure white as freshly fallen snow.
     They are as soft as a whisper.
     And they are waiting to take you to the heights you have dreamed of.

But I fear I will fall.

     Yes, you may fall but that is your choice.
     If you fall, choose to fall up.
     You are a child of the breeze.
     Let it take you to the azure horizon.

But I fear I will fail.

     Trust that your wings will take you where you need be.
     And realize that to know success, you must know what failure is.
     Many a wise person know this.
     And wisdom awaits those who take that leap borne of courage.
     I encourage you to take that leap.
     Let your wings beat.
     Let your soul take flight.
  
I can not.
Still I am afraid.

     Your fear is exactly that, yours.
     It is you who made it.
     It is you who can undo it.
     You are master of the winds.
     You are master of yourself.
    
And if I fail still?

     Then I ask you,
       "How much do you really want to fly?"
    

 Red's musings on his birthday

Comments

  1. simple and profound at the same time.. funny how that works. Happy na birthday pa kuya red. huggies. love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. iba talaga pag tumatanda na no? ahahaha..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tarra: Thank you. :)

    Car: Hehe. Sabi nga ni Frank, tumatanda na kasi. Haha. Love love!

    Maya: :)

    Frank: Ang tawag diyan tsong wisdom (ubo, ubo). hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday, red : ) isasama ko na to sa aking Beijing Olympics 2008 poem..alam mo na yun. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. And if I fail still?

    Then I ask you,
    "How much do you really want to fly?"

    ----> ako rin. isang : ). hambeday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the wisdom of old age...har...har..:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ang masasabi ko lang mapalabok kasi ako. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red as wizened Yoda always says, "Do or Do not, there is no try." What I can say to you is that I tested my frail wings and found the wind kind. :D So there, when you jump, I am the first to cheer you on.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ Oh, sweety, this isn't exactly for me. :)

    But as always, thank you for being supportive. It's really heartening to know you're at the sidelines urging me on, my friend. :)

    And yes, I'm taking pointers from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...ehehe. at least 3 months and a day daw. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha. 95 days to be safe! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once you have the courage, act on the things it should be used for, as that courage will no longer increase... it will gradually wane and diminish; the moment has passed, you have nothing left but either hope or regret.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once you have the courage, act on the things it should be used for, as that courage will no longer increase... it will gradually wane and diminish; the moment has passed, you have nothing left but either hope or regret.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice thought, my friend.

    On my end naman, I believe that everything I need to know is revealed to me at the right time, right space and right sequence. And like what Master Yoda and Obi Wan often say, "Trust the Force." :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang it! Di nadala...Hahahaha! May Destiny smile upon you my friend, and may he read through your pages swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just a thought: di kaya may "calling" ka?

    hapi bertdey redness!!! wee..

    ReplyDelete
  17. 94.is.the.magic.number. :D (one day after na eh... hehehehe)

    To Eric: Ble!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eric: Flow lang tayo, tsang. Parang nung rafting. hehe. Di man lang natin namalayang 4 hours na pala yon.

    Carol: Oo, may calling ako to come out of the closet. hahaha.

    Aves: talagang may countdown? haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities