Dahil I'm manong

Subjective leadership

(This is how I see it)

 

If you were a child and I were your father and I wanted you to eat vegetables then what would be the best way to make you do it?

 

Forcing you will just end up in a disaster and a lot of wasted food. I can't shove spoonfuls of vegetables (in this case ampalaya) into your mouth and expect you to take in everything. You'd probably spit it out and throw a tantrum for good measure.

 

I'd have to cook the ampalaya in a way that may appeal to you. I'd have to give you well presented small servings that you may be inclined to try and finish eating.

 

I'd have to be patient and wait until you develop a taste for it. But more importantly, I'd have to show you that I eat it too and that I enjoy it. Maybe when you see me taking pleasure in something, you'd figure you could take pleasure in it too. But I'd also have to release all my expectations of you liking what I prepared. You have your own choices to make.

 

And if you don't like it after you've tried it at least once, then that's fine. Thank you for trying. I'll understand. I didn't like ampalaya before, too. Perhaps you will when you grow up but if not that's okay too.

 

You are my child and I love you. What works for me may not for you. But I'll still be looking out for your well-being, this time with a more open and understanding mind. I do respect your choices.

 

Maybe I'll cook you something else. Maybe you'll enjoy okra or then again, maybe not. Still, I'd love you.

 

Subjective leadership, ladies and gentlemen.

Comments

  1. yown! hindi ka lang magiging good leader papa red, tatay din! dali dali! make one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sira! anong gawa ka diyan? sample lang yon no. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if all else fails there's letting the child go hungry as well dba?:) that's called sadistic leadership...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do agree fafa red. pero ako, i'd do this.

    KAKAININ KO NG MATINDI YUNG AMPALAYA, at hayaan siyang mainggit. hahaha. and well, baka maengganyo siyang kumain. maybe not now pero pwede rin sa future.

    this tactic worked for me. ganito ginagawa ng parents ko. in my case, fish ang hate na hate ko.

    ~ leadership by eksampol

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, subjective leadership is leadership by example. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities