Inanities

You told me to sit still.
And I tried and did for a while.
But then a twitch and an itch happened.
And stillness eluded me.
So go back to being still,
you said.
But running and jumping seemed so fun.
I thought you'd get angry but you just watched.
Aren't you going to stop me?
I asked.
A simple no you uttered.
You're free to do what you want,
you said.
So I ran and I jumped and turned cartwheels and all.
And I felt free. I felt light. I felt right.
Then I got tired and my jump became a skip.
My run became a walk.
And I turned to you and asked,
May I sit once more?
You smiled and pointed beside you.
My child, your spot has been waiting for you
Until you have chosen to sit once more.
That's what you said.
And I walked towards you,
With your hand you reached out.
Sit here with me, you said.
Sit and be still.
And I tried and I did.
And rest came to soothe my weariness.
And balance asked if it may sit with me.
And you smiled.
And I felt free. I felt light. I felt right.




Comments

  1. thanks, carms. uy, see you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, love it! :D Very Zen in a not in-your-face kind of way. Hehehe. We should always be thankful for the roots and the wings that those who love us give from their hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww.... sarap pakapagod kapag ganyan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eto yung pinakamahalaga dyan e..haha..:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. para mas madaling madigest, 'Ga. hehe.

    True, those who love us just allow. No judgments. No expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. this is nice. tama c jeco, ang sarap pakapagod pag ganyan. :) see, hindi ko sinabi ung usual line ko. hehe ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww. this is nice. tama c jeco, ang sarap pakapagod pag ganyan. :) see, hindi ko sinabi ung usual line ko. hehe ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha. bilis mo magcheck ah. nacurious? hehe. masyado ka namang defensive. wala naman akong sinasabi. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. he really is like that noh? bait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice!!! ü kaya ko idol si kuya bj!ü

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks, stox! akyat uli tayo this october!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update