I miss you

I miss you. It’s been eight months since we last had coffee and talked. I miss hanging out with you.

 I miss talking to you. I love how we could talk about anything and everything, whether or not they make sense. I miss how we could make sense of senseless things and see the senselessness of things with sense.

 I miss the way I laugh when we’re together. I don’t get to laugh as heartily as often as before.

 I miss our road trips. I miss how we’d get in a car without any plans but to drive around. Then we’d have this crazy idea to go somewhere and we just go there. I have always believed they’re a healthier way of addressing our escapist tendencies.

 I miss having someone I could tell my secrets to, and not just the naughty kind of secrets revealed in locker rooms (although I still tell you those), all secrets. When I’m with you I can be my true self. You know how stupid I can be and you know all the dirty laundry I keep, but you have stuck with me nevertheless. You have even helped in washing some of the laundry.

 I miss how I’d usually “steal” you from your boyfriend so that we could have dinner or watch a movie (I have to take my hat off to Gamby for the trust he gives you and me and for the respect he has for our friendship. I think it takes extreme self-security and a lot of love for you for him to pull that off.) I have always looked forward to those times. There are but a few people I love spending time with and you belong to the highest echelon of those people.

 I have always been grateful for you coming into my life. I love you, and I know I’ve told you that a hundred times. Love is what keeps our friendship strong. I am and always will be your friend. I sure am glad that we both believe in Happy Endings.

 I miss you, Nhinya-pot. I’m glad you’re coming home soon.

Comments

  1. not just a friend, one of the greatest friends. i think a good analogy is, nhinya to me is what julie is to you. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. galeng ah. medyo naintindihan ko na. may utang pa akong blog dun.
    hindi pa naman siya umaalis eh. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. baka dinedelay mo paggawa kasi ayaw mo pa siyang umalis. in denial ka pa. hehe.

    buti nga si julie nandito pa din sa bansa afterwards eh. si nhinya nag-singapore. bibisita lang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hindi naman siya yung skipping stones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope. but nhinya knows who the girl in skipping stones has been patterned after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rephrase ko yung question. was the girl in skipping stones patterned after nhinya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. nope. the female protagonist in skipping stones has been patterned after someone else. nhinya knows who that someone else is. she's one of our favorite topics for conversation. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities