Free hug, anyone?

I used this as a status message on YM. I have two takers so far.

I was able to read Jeco's post Remind me to hug you when I see you and found out about the Free Hugs Campaign started by a Juan Mann (pseudonym of the guy) in Sydney, Australia.

Upon further research in Wikipedia and actually visiting the official website I was inspired to give free hugs too. I mean it has been said that touch therapy, which includes hugs by the way, is essential to the development of babies and even adult individuals and hugging is one quick way to foster a caring, loving feeling and attitude.

I'm starting with my family and friends first. I don't have the guts yet to go public like the others who are hardcore free huggers already. Baby steps first until I get really comfortable with the idea. Things will happen at the right time, right space and right sequence.

It's nice to be hugged. My friends and I often do this. We do this in our families. There ought to be more hugs going around in the world, among people. Maybe when we hug more and care more, people will realize there is no need for war, violence and other conflicts. That these concepts are basically senseless.

Juan Mann did say, "To see someone who was once frowning, smile even for a moment, is worth it every time."

So give a hug today. Trust me, you'll receive much more in return.

So what are we waiting for? Spread the love.

Free hug, anyone?

**visit the official website of the free hugs campaign at http://www.freehugscampaign.org/**

Comments

  1. i'm giving you a bear hug right now....:D miss you darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ thanks, ginge. i'll give you a real hug the next we meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm... anything free's always good. but a hug from alred pasetes, wow, jackpot na yun, haha! *virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ *virtual hug din* haha! bolera ka talaga! anyway, does this mean i owe you a real hug when i see you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. but hey, i made you smile,didn't I? Nangiti ka e, aminin mo! On the real hug: Of course, alred! that goes without saying! See you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^ Haha! O sige na, sige na, nangiti nga ako don. hehehe. Sige, I owe you one pag nagkita tayo. see you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities