this is my blog so i can put any trash in it

Minds half twisted

 

I open the door to a grinning Reena.

 “Tousled hair, blood-shot and crusty eyes, last night’s shirt and jeans. Good morning, Saf. Slept well?” she says.

 I grimace and motion for her to come in. I clear up the mess on the couch, offer Reena a seat, wipe the coffee table clean, rub my eyes of morning glory.

 “You have to excuse my room. I meant for housekeeping to come earlier. What time is it?” I ask as I plop down on the sofa next to her. “Want anything to drink? Orange juice? Coffee?”

 “It’s 9:30, sleepy-head. And you forgot to take this off the door knob.” She throws the ‘Don’t disturb’ sign on the table. “Anyway, I’m good, thanks. I already had breakfast. You should, too.”

 “I’m not hungry. I need more sleep. Shouldn’t have taken up Dex’s offer to go to that bar. Damn it.”

 She looks at me incredulously. I look back, groggy and indifferent.

 “It’s rude to stare, especially if what you’re staring at is in all his morning-after grandeur. Not to mention, nursing a hang-over.”

 She keeps on ogling and smirks.

 I groan. “What? Haven’t you seen me in a mess before?  Well, I have nothing to hide now. See me for the abomination that I truly am. Bwa ha ha ha!”

 She laughs. She flicks my nose. She stands up and heads to the pantry. “I’m going to heat some water and make you coffee. Go take a bath you abomination.”

 She takes the folded towel at the foot of the bed and hurls it to my face.

 “What for? I’m not going anywhere. I want to stay in my room all day, watch cable TV, sleep or something.”

 “You’re taking a bath, mister. The head honcho wants us to go trekking this afternoon. You better prepare. I’m guessing Rick is busy hauling Dex’s carcass off the bed right now, too.”

 “Lani wants us to do what? I thought this was a no frills office outing. Why is Lani ordering us around like we were back in the office?”

 She shrugs. “Just following orders.”

 “Well, I’m staying in my room and handing Lani my resignation letter when we get back to Manila. So there.”

 Reena pouts at me. She goes on a tirade about being a sport. Take one for the team, she says. It’s going to be fun, she says. You can watch TV in Manila anyway, she says. Then she drops the ego bashing bomb. “Besides, you need the exercise. Your gut is jiggling like there’s no tomorrow from all the beer you’ve ingested for the past decade.”

 It is my turn to look at her incredulously. I raise my hands in surrender, scratch my head and trudge to the bathroom with a parting shot. “Someday I’ll get my revenge, Reena. Rage, rage against the system!”

I can hear her laugh through the door.

Comments

  1. Reena is a real person, right? She's not a fictional character, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mas magandang tanong: yung babae dun sa isang entry ba ay kilala natin from college?

    ReplyDelete
  3. practice na ba to para sa palanca?:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uy, gumagawa ng issue si Jeco. Hehe. Sino ba? Si Cathy o yung sa Skipping Stones? Because those are fictional too. Characters may have been based on certain people but the events never happened. hehe.

    And, oh, kung kanino man sila based, i'm sure di niyo kilala yon from college. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm...Siguro? haha. Malay ko. Flow mode lang ako ngayon eh. At ngayon lang may nagcocomment sa mga ginawa ko kasi. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Issue nga! hehe Alam ko yan. One of your friends in Los Baños or Laguna, di ba? Remember, blockmates tayo and you told me stories. Gusto mo nga lumipat nun e. =D Kaya nga feeling ko parang totoo e.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hanep! Naaalala mo pa mga kalokohang kinuwento ko non. Hehe. Shhh...quiet na, Mela. Baka mabisto ako. Hehehe. Kaso these stories were created long after we graduated.

    Admittedly, yung babae sa Skipping Stones based talaga on a person. But Reena and any other female character I may have written about are based on my concept of the "ideal girl." (Ngayon magiging corny na ako. hehe). Di ko lang alam kung san ko tinago yung "Nina" series ko. Siya yung original na female protagonist ko sa story. Don nagsimula ang kajologan ko at paggawa ng mga ganyang kwento. Mukha lang realistic dahil ginagawan ko ng sitwasyon na nangyayari sa mga karaniwang nilalang. ehehe.

    Kailangan ba daw mag-explain. Hehe. Anyway, yun na yon.

    P.S. Salamat nga pala sa pakikinig nung sem na maging "blockmate" tayo. Hehe. Astig ka talaga, Ms. JVO Awardee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, okay. haha You really don't have to explain Alreddish. =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities