Things I ought to have shared long, long ago to these people.

A trip to memory lane and my pc's hard drive led me to these things. I wrote them four years ago but never shared them to the people who inspired the articles. It's time they see it and maybe others too. Let it be a practice in expression, if you will; or a moment of nostalgia.

(Nahawa din kasi ako sa melodramatics at reminiscing chorva ni David

I. To the people of Ilag's. You guys know who you are.

Scenes from my so-called life

Episode 4.2 Ilags

If I were to equate love to a place, then this would perhaps be one of the primary examples. 

I love this place. It houses people extremely close to my heart. This is a place where, after a very long and tiring week, I’d like to - taking into consideration that home is where the heart is – go home to.

Though, admittedly, there have been times that it has gotten more tiring to stay there, I just couldn’t help but go back. The place or more so the people give my heart such a warm tingle that I couldn’t bear to stay away for too long. Besides I don’t think that any major transgression would ensue there. And when I really think about it, I guess I could forgive the people there anything. Why? Simply put, mahal eh.

 And now that it would apparently disappear it kind of leaves me a little sad. But the memories that had been made there will always be etched in my heart and mind and will always be cherished. And although physically the place is more or less gone, the people who comprise it will never be forgotten. Ilags was, is and always will be a place where my heart is. And the people? They could always move into my heart. There has always been a space for them there. J

 April 6, 2004


II. Sa tropa at sa lahat ng tumangkilik at tumatangkilik sa BJ Pool

Scenes from my so-called life

Episode 5 Imagination

 He placed his chair on the eastern side of the palm. That was his place and being the obsessive compulsive that he is he didn’t want to change it. He sat down and picked up the glass of iced tea he had prepared, swirled the ice and took a sip. He liked having a relaxing break.

 He put his foot up and rested it on the palm tree. He watched as the fire ants moved to one side. That was their agreement. He would be careful not to smoosh them and they would not bite him. He thought it amazing how nature often agreed to a compromise when he asked nicely.

 He leaned back and raised his other foot. He looked around the garden and noticed that the flowers were in bloom. The bright magenta bougainvilleas, peach gumamelas and yellow sunflowers filled the place and it made him smile to see such beauty.

 He heard the soothing cling-ting of the chime hanging on the Chesa tree as the wind blew. He took a deep breath to take in some of the fresh breeze. He took another sip of his tea and put it down on the ground beside the palm tree. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. He felt relaxed.

 Soon he fell asleep. The sacred palm tree watched him as he slumbered. The ants climbed up and returned to their nest and left him in peace. The flowers opened up more as if smiling adoringly at him. The wind continued to brush the chime as if to render a lullaby. He smiled as if having a good dream. He was safe. He was home.

 April 6, 2004


III. Sa tropa

Scenes from my so-called life

Episode 17 

 We have known each other for – give or take – seven years. And still we’re together just trying to get by as best we can through the river called Life. And we’re getting by fine and best of all we’re getting by together.

 Each of us is an individual and I mean we have different personalities and dreams. But with all the differences, we seem to agree on one thing – our friendship is worth keeping. Not only, that, our friendship is worth taking care of and nourishing. In effect, our friendship is growing.

 The barkada is not only growing emotionally and metaphorically, it’s growing physically. New friends are being made and our numbers increase. But the original friendship is still there, just getting stronger.

 I believe that the relationships between the individuals are strong. But, admittedly, some relationships are stronger and some still need some fine-tuning. Nonetheless, we remain together. We remain the barkada. That’s one thing I love about us.

 May 20, 2004

P.S. Madami na din tayong pinagdaanan at pinagdadaanan pa mula nung 2004. Iba't-iba na din mga trip natin. Pero anu't-ano pa man, sabi nga natin, pag may naiwan, may babalikan. 


Salamat.

Comments

  1. wow, this definitely calls for an "awwwwww..." hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i raise my glass of iced tea to that and slowly draw in a deep breath...a far away look indicating that a prayer has just been made...i look around the people around me and smile...i pick a smaller glass and say ""dude, shot ko na! abangan nyo na ang "The Face" --- a toast to the friendship

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! panalo ang "the face" na-acquire ko na din yata yon. hehe. pero bawalatayong uminom sa paligid ng sagradong tree, tol. yun ang divine agreement. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities