Practice

I've gotten rusty.

Before, writing came as second nature, almost like breathing even. But now, I'm often stumped. I don't know if it's because I am bursting with ideas that I don't know what to write about first or because I've allowed myself to become stagnant by not writing for long periods of time.

Or maybe it's because I've grown used to writing articles for work. That's not exactly as fulfilling as writing to express myself or writing to be creative. All excuses, I know.

I have got to get myself back and I guess starting this blog is a step towards that direction. Write, write, write and write some more. That ought to be my way to go. I have allowed myself to slip. It's time to climb back up.

A teacher of mine, who has always taught me things I needed to learn, once told me that to be a good writer I must have the discipline to write every day. I must set aside time each day to write anything, even if I don't feel like it. By doing this, I will be able to keep myself sharp.

I didn't really do that before. I wrote, sure, but not every day. Well, this time I'm taking another shot at it. I intend to follow through.

Imma gonna do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm half gay. That makes me 1/4 female.

Adventure update

Inanities